Nowadays we see many advertisements boosting of the unlimited benefits of detox teas in the context of weight loss. These are products containing some natural ingredients or herbs as well as caffeine and appetite suppressants that not only serve to detox or cleanse the body of harmful toxins but also help in losing some extra pounds. The question is how effective detox tea is? Should you be drinking it on a regular basis to see some surprising benefits in the context of weight loss?
People who have used these products have given mixed reviews on their effectiveness. But most of them speak of its usefulness in shedding those extra pounds as it is supposed to be an all-natural product with no known side effects.
Here are 5 must know facts about any detox tea you might be planning on buying for weight loss or any other health benefit for that matter:
- Detox tea has been known to be effective for weight loss even if a person is not used to any workout or exercise routine. This is one of the biggest advantage since most people simply want to lose weight through diet or a few lifestyle changes but what they don’t want is an extensive workout program.
- Detox teas are known to contain diuretics, which decrease the water overload in the body. Since water is being lost, the person also loses weight. However, it is not permanent. Once you stop taking a diuretic, you would again put on the weight you lost.
- Detox tea usually contains all natural ingredients with very few or none at all unwanted side effects. Some of these suppress the appetite while others have laxative properties. In order to gain maximum benefits, it is advisable to drink only a recommended amount every day.
- Some teas meant for detoxification also contain caffeine, which has health benefits of its own. However, you would have to watch your daily caffeine intake to stay away from its undesirable side effects.
- The herbs found in any detox tea work on different organs of the body including the liver, kidneys, and stomach. As such, they are more beneficial for a person who is suffering from liver disease or a disorder related to the kidneys. The teas have also been found to be effective for the digestive system on the whole.
Before you start drinking any detox product, it is advised that you do your homework and find the answers to the basic questions in order to avoid the unwanted adverse effects. You need to know how many cups of such a tea you should be having on a daily basis and whether you should continue drinking it for life or stop once you have lost a considerable amount of weight. Finding answers to these questions and some others is important so that you can get your hands on a truly effective product with long-lasting results whether it is a detox product or a supplement meant for weight loss only.